A modified version of this puzzle was featured as a halftime diversion at the amazing Crosswords LA Tournament, on May 1, 2011. If you’re a puzzle fan who hasn’t experienced Crosswords LA, I strongly urge you to do so!
A suite of puzzles requiring a variety of skills yield clues to the final solution:
- Box Office Smash, where fragments of movie posters and anagrammed titles must be unscrambled
- Crossed Signals, a word search with a twist
- Double Image, in which players combine pictures to create new words
- Glyphs, which requires players to assemble word fragments to name 24 symbols in a grid
- Phoning It In, a code puzzle where players must deduce locations encoded in phone numbers