Crosswords, acrostics, and other cruciverbal variants provide clues to the final phrase in this chess-themed multi-puzzle suite.
- Opening Moves, an acrostic
- Board Members, a traditional crossword
- Plan Sexy Leg Routine (6), a cryptic crossword
- Checkmate, a visual crossword
- Horse Play, the mutant offspring of a crossword and a Knight’s Tour puzzle
Introduced at the SoCal puzzle party, May 22, 2010. Played in teams of 5-6.
Each team receives a base plate with cryptogram clues, four astrology-themed puzzle disks, clue sheets for each disk, and a thumbtack. Players solve the puzzles, then arrange the disks so they rotate around the thumbtack. Players must then align the symbols according to the clues on the base plate.
When solved correctly, the puzzle disks line up to display an appropriate quote.
Presented at the SoCal Puzzle Party on March 13, 2010.
Warning: this puzzle requires extensive preparation!